Saturday, January 14, 2006

 

Surfer angst and plus

Yes, it does exsist. Yesterday both Jenny D and I ended up with broken fins! Me because I hit a rock, and hers got busted in her house and so she had to ride her sister's winnebago of a board that is really too big for her. We have problems! I also got a harsh little gouge in my board, probably ruining the integrity of my fin box. Thank goodness it was a side fin and not the center one. $60-$80 repair at the shop. In the meantime, DIY patch job today. I've been curious about switching my board to a single fin setup anyway, (I got it as a tri-fin,) so here's my excuse.

Now that I've got you all on the edge of your seats, I must leave you hanging b/c must take a certain singer to the airport now. Somebody has a re-audition in NY for something they premiered last year. Somebody's dad said it would be like Carol Channing auditioning for Hello Dolly. But that's show biz, people. New director, new everything, but we don't worry and we don't have harsh feelings of attachment. We LOVE the librettist, and life is very good.

Comments:
so sorry G. Shit. broken fins. lost appendixes. auditions. good luck snapper.
 
ps your blog is so good it makes me want to flog my own blog out of existence.
 
Pal, how you feelin today? Is your pain still a constant 6.5-10 on a scale of 1 to 10? I'm gonna stop by this afternoon after surfing with Kara, so think about what groceries you need me to bring, what video games.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

3 Comments:

so sorry G. Shit. broken fins. lost appendixes. auditions. good luck snapper.

By Blogger Ali, at 10:54 AM  

ps your blog is so good it makes me want to flog my own blog out of existence.

By Blogger Ali, at 10:58 AM  

Pal, how you feelin today? Is your pain still a constant 6.5-10 on a scale of 1 to 10? I'm gonna stop by this afternoon after surfing with Kara, so think about what groceries you need me to bring, what video games.

By Blogger The Capt'n, at 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?